Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dreamy Chocolate Pie!

For my food assignments for Thanksgiving this year, I am making the rolls (as usual), one pan of yams, and two pies; one chocolate and one white chocolate coconut.  The two pies are my kids favorites, so they're a must have on Thanksgiving!

I thought I would share with you here the recipe for the chocolate pie.  I just finished it, so it's all ready to go!  It's one of those make ahead recipes that tastes soooo good and is soooo easy!  It's a pretty humble picture, I know, but decorating it with whipped cream and chocolate shavings shouldn't be done until it's almost serving time, or until you plate it up, in my opinion.  So I guess my point is, don't let the picture fool you, it's the best chocolate pie ever!  It's smooth and creamy and very rich!  I do have a word of caution though.  If you plan on having a pie with some tartness to it, like lemon or lime, please eat the chocolate first.  The tartness of the other pie will completely ruin your palate for the smooth richness of the chocolate.......for a short time.

Dreamy Chocolate Mousse Pie

Heat until melted:
1 large milk chocolate hershey bar (or enough small ones to equal  7-8 oz)
25 large marshmallows
1/2 cup milk

Cool completely and fold in:
1/2 pint cream that has been whipped

Put in prepared crust and refrigerate until ready to serve!  And yes, use a premade one from the store.  You don't have to worry about the dishes after and it has it's own lid that will protect the top from any mishaps or eager fingers!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This looks divine, and are actually my favorite type of deserts, but alas, my waistline doesn't need this.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete