Friday, November 13, 2009

Awesome pumpkin bread!


My favorite pumpkin bread recipe ever is out of a the Lion House Christmas cookbook.  It stays moist and is soooo yummy!  Irresistible at my house! I love it as it is.  My sister has to have nuts in hers, and when I make it for my friend, she has to have chocolate chips added.  Make it how you like it.  If you're looking for a great pumpkin bread recipe, give this one a try!

Lion House Pumpkin Bread
1 1/3 cups oil                                                1 tsp cinnamon
5 eggs                                                          1 tsp nutmeg
16 oz pumpkin puree                                     1 tsp baking soda
2 c flour                                                        2 pkg vanilla pudding mix
2 c sugar                                                           (3 oz each)
1 tsp salt                                                       1 c chopped nuts
                                                                         or chocolate chips, opt


Mix oil, eggs and pumpkin.  Beat well.  Mix dry ingredients with a whisk in a separate bowl.  Add to pumpkin mixture and mix until incorporated.  Add pudding mixes and nuts or chocolate chips if desired.  Mix thoroughly and pour in greased and floured loaf pans of desired size.  The recipe is designed for 2 large loaves.  I make 4 smaller ones.  If making large loaves, bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Reduce the cooking time for smaller loaves.  I baked the smaller ones for about 30 minutes in my oven, checking for doneness with a toothpick.  Cool for 5 - 10 minutes in pans, then remove the bread from the pans and allow to cool.  Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh TY for sharing this recipe! I love trying new pumkin bread recipes and this one looks different and GOOD! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah wow and just a few months away till October! Will be trying this one too!

    ReplyDelete